Preveza offers many options to visitors all year round. Below you will find a number of our suggestions for activities you will have during the holidays using our hotel as a base.
Do not miss:
- Beautiful beaches in the area: Vrahos, Ligia, Artolithia, Ammoudia, Alonaki, Monolithi, Valtos etc.
- The ancient Roman city of Nicopolis in 31 BC with stunning mosaics, the ancient Odeon and the ancient Theatre
- The river Acheron with the Gates of Hell, known from mythology
- Zaloggo, where heroic sacrifice of the Souli
- The Nekromanteio, next to Acherousia lake, which was a sacred place to communicate with the souls of the dead in antiquity
- The archaeological site of Kassopi (ruined monuments)
- Preveza with picturesque streets, the port and nightlife
- Lefkada (drive through the underwater tunnel Aktion - Preveza), with unique beauty beaches such as Porto Katsiki, Kathisma, Agios Nikitas
- Parga, a tourist town in the shadow of the Venetian castle
- The important wetland of Amvrakikos Bay, with many protected species, Bird Observatory and Museum of Natural History
In a little distant routes you can visit:
- Ioannina (the capital of Epirus) with Pamvotis lake and the Island, many museums, ancient Dodoni and the beautiful cave of Perama
- Zagorohoria (30 km from Ioannina), Metsovo (30 km from Ioannina) with bright traditional colors
- The islands of Paxos and Antipaxos (from Parga) and the cosmopolitan Corfu (via Igoumenitsa)
- Arta with its Byzantine churches and monasteries, the famous bridge, etc.
- And many more that you will discover during your visit ...
Other interesting suggestions:
In the prefecture of Preveza, there are areas that are ideal for walking such as Acherontas, Lekatsa forest, Amvrakikos wetlands and Zirou lake. There are also sports facilities for tennis, basketball, volleyball and other sports. Interesting for visitors presenting the summer cultural events "Nikopoleia" made the ancient theater of Nikopolis, the Balkan Festival of Folk Music and Xoron and the Organization of the International Festival Xorodiakou the first ten days of July. Also, celebrate with special color is the Wine Festival in Oropos, the first Sunday of August and the feast of sardines made in the town of Preveza, also in August.
The management and staff of our hotel is always at your disposal for any information on sightseeing and entertainment in the region.